Tuesday, October 12, 2010

a recipe box

Hi and welcome to my mum's recipe box. This is a blog I decided to start after searching for a format for sharing my mum's recipes with my siblings and father so we would all have a chance to have the recipes from mum's famous in the family brown recipe box. I'll also share some recipes from other family members, including my paternal grandmother who was a fabulous baker.

So let me introduce you to my mum. Her name was Diana and she was lovely. A brave, caring, funny, smart woman, a loving wife and mother and friend to all who needed her. Complete strangers would come up to her and tell her all their problems. By training she was a nutrionist and social worker although she gave up working to raise us.  After we left her nest she volunteered at a woman's shelter and took courses in psychology. Sadly we lost her too soon to breast cancer.

The recipe box, origins unknown (for now) is a wooden box with a clasp. Inside it is stuffed with typed and handwritten cards and bits of paper and some newspaper clippings with recipes and other notes on them. I hope you enjoy a look inside the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment